Friday, July 20, 2012

Canon Mirrorless Leaked

Everyone else is “announcing” it so I might as well join the crowd.  Although Canon Rumors was not the first to post it, apparently they are convinced that this leak is real and therefore have essentially announced the Canon EOS M mirrorless camera. 

By measuring the pictures of the camera and scaling to standard hot shoe dimensions, most people seem to think the EOS M uses an APS-C sensor and not a variant of the sensor used in the G1X.  Not what I thought would happen.

In fact, the EOS M is (apparently, as it has not been announced) significantly different from the mirrorless camera that I thought Canon would design.  It is being said that the M is a consumer camera and not an enthusiasts camera.  Supposedly, the enthusiasts camera will come later.  I thought the sequence would be the opposite.

I’m not quite sure how I feel about the EOS M but am anxiously awaiting the details with fingers crossed.

No comments: