Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Going Pro

GoPro

No, not that kind of Pro.  I just got a GoPro Hero 3 “Black” – the famous “Point of View” (POV) action camera.  Don’t even know how to use it yet.  The Hero 3 just seemed like a good idea; especially as I’m about to go on vacation at the beach.  (Don’t expect action videos of me – those will be of my granddaughter!).

No, I haven’t thrown my G series cameras away.  In fact, the G1X is still my carry around camera and was used to get these pictures of the GoPro Hero 3.  I’ll have the G1X with me on the beach vacation as well (plus the 7D).

GoProThe GoPro (should probably call it the Hero 3 but I think they are all the same size) is a very small camera.  On the other hand, except for rare instances of hand holding, it will always be in some kind of case because the GoPro does not have a tripod mount.  Here it is compared to a quarter.

 

Here’s the GoPro in its waterproof case as coming out of the packaging.

GoPro

 

I also got a case for the GoPro and accessories

GoPro

The GoPro Hero 3 Black should be a lot of fun.  I hope to report many more excellent adventures with it.

No comments: